8.08.2006
My Contribution To The Maintenance Of Mississippi Roads
I got a "new" car from my wonderful, blessed parents last weekend...and not 45 minutes after I got on the interstate back to Athens did I get a speeding ticket. Ugh. My first since college. The punk state trooper claimed he had me going 81 mph (in a 70 mph zone) - "before you hit the brakes," as he put it - and was absolutely unmoved by the germane fact that I always have my cruise control below 80 mph. Hmph. He gave me the ticket for 79 in a 70 and went on his merry way. Was he short on his ticket quota? Nine miles over the limit? Give me a break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
At least you said "punk" and not the first word that came to my mind in edited-for-TV Die Hard speak, "Mr Falcon."
Yeah, it wasn't the first word that came to my mind, either...
I generally disapprove, on an aesthetic level, of the bleeping that eats at the fabric of a movie (even if the fabric is ugly), but it really is worth it to hear the very creative and quite hilarious substitution of "mutual funders." I'm not kidding, either. Mutual funders. Love it!
Good to hear from you again, Jon!
"Mr Falcon" Classic Amos, just classic. I just wish he'd have turned up on an episode of "COPS" you know, where they mace the guy and beat him with night sticks.... hmmmm, maybe it's excessive violence I want instead. Nevermind!
Matt.....Wilkins......
PS- Hi Brian
Hey, Matt. Get the spelling of my name right, why don't you. I mean, how long have we known each other? Fifteen years? Good grief.
Oh, yeah, and it's good to hear from you again.
Post a Comment