8.13.2005

My Poor Rice

While boiling some rice, I turned the gas down so low that the flame went out. But the gas was still on. I smelled gas two rooms over. Visions of Fight Club dancing through my head—as soon as the compressor on my beer fridge turns on, my stuff will be strewn all over the apartment parking lot. That and a nice propane buzz...

But my rice isn't finished. My rice isn't finished. My poor rice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know i'm still watching... and that I appreciate the balance of your blog. philsophy, links, crazy stories about yourself & theology. Thanks! ;)
ps. i still have on my frig a picture of you holding a knife looking wicked. it makes a great frig picture!

Bryan Baird said...

Yep, that was a nice pic. I've still got the one you framed for us on display!