7.01.2008

So, the other tobacco hornworms were mere larvae compared to this monster (thumb for scale purposes only):


This beast at every bit of leaf off of a whole branch of my precious tomato plant and was well on his way to finishing up another for dessert. I must have missed him in my previous roundup. This time I didn't squash him--David says his chickens would love a worm or two, and since his chickens supply some of my eggs, I will be more than happy to hand the worm over to his sustainable agriculture death. The thing is...I think he's already dead. I left some leaves in the tupperware that I put him in to fatten him up even more, but being out in the sun must've cooked him. And scared him or something--he left a lot of poop behind before he frizzled. Regardless, I'm sure the chickens will appreciate the morsel.

Poll:

Would you pet the worm?

No comments: